Saturday, November 30, 2013

The rare poem of hope: Swiss Lace Blouse

 'Swiss Lace Blouse' was the 'poem of the week' at The Missing Slate recently.

One fine morning
I will open my eyes.
Every bone will yell (Let’s get out!).
My feet will feel up to the slush
and the mirror will not go hushed
as if it doesn’t know how to break
the bad news.
The newspaper will have
nothing about dead babies
nor photographs of sexy Kapoors.
I will take a bath before noon.
The street will rapid blink
at my doughy belly, its ten thousand
eyes will wink.
Cap-sleeved innocence of lazy arms
will shout (Life is good! Life is sweetly plump!).
I will bring out my neat ironed faith
in a day when skies are blue
and all yesterdays
that went wrong come back
to apologize.
When life is a warbling lark,
when life waits like old lace,
and too many stars have fallen out
of the night, when I want to shout
(I’m here, world!
And I’m not afraid!)
for that day
I save this blouse.
Annie Zaidi

3 comments:

My Daily Memories said...

wow
poetneerajtyagi.blogspot.in

My Daily Memories said...

http://poetneerajtyagi.blogspot.in

downloadmoviefirst said...

For The best poem plz visit http://cf6.co/2lgn

Tweets by @anniezaidi